Born in 1969 in Hamburg (Germany), my life took a turn when at the age of 25 I decided, due to a peculiar series of events involving the breakdown of my old VW kombi and an inflatable world globe, to go for a holiday trip to Australia (see »True Love« for the whole story).
Instantly seduced by the majesty of the country and the spirit of the people I have returned eight times and have spent more than five years in Australia in total.
Since 2005 I have been writing books about Australia. In the same year I co-founded a publishing house which is the only publishing company in Germany whose speciality is the Australian continent. So far four books have been released; one each covering Western Australia, Queensland and the Northern Territory. The latest release features Australia’s most popular national parks.
I have also become a professional photographer and my pics have been published in German and English publications.
I would love to migrate to Australia and have been trying to do so for 15 years. But even though I would like to settle in regional Western Australia (in fact as regional as it can get) and would bring my own business into the country, I still don’t meet the requirements for any visa category. This will hopefully change with the book »How to Become a Distinguished Talent in Australia«.
In English (for sale in Australia):
- How to Become a Distinguished Talent in Australia, published by 40° South Publishing, Tasmania
- Discovering Mount Augustus National Park, published by the Department of Environment and Conservation, Western Australia (forthcoming)
- Mt Augustus - The Island, published in the Australian Geographic (Issue 104)
- Feathered Gem - The Southern emu-wren, published in Tasmania 40° South
- Mount Augustus - home of the flying dragons, published in LANDSCOPE (forthcoming)
In German (for sale in Germany, Switzerland and Austria):
- Westaustralien und das Top End (about Western Australia and the Top End)
- Das Northern Territory und weiterführende Routen (about the Northern Territory)
- Queensland und das Rote Zentrum (about Queensland and the Red Centre)
- Naturzeit Australien (101 national parks throughout Australia)
All four books are published in the series »australiawide« by Verlag 360°.